Tuesday, November 06, 2007

National Forum on Canadian History

Over the past few weeks we have been working really hard at the History Society getting ready for the first National Forum on Canadian History that was held this past Friday (November 2, 2007).

As part of the conference, we wanted to create an easy place for teachers to retrieve documents and keep up to date on the proceedings. In stepped Pageflakes, a program that is really handy for online conferences and that would be great in a classroom.

It's a little more flashy then a regular blog as it allows you to have all of your content up and live. The real trick to getting this going is creating lists with appropriate tags so you can have multiple users sending content (blog entries or homework) to the same sections. I was introduced to pageflakes through another online conference, The Future of Education, back in July.

Check out the pageflakes page we put together for the National Forum on Canadian History that was hosted by the Governor General of Canada. You can also find copies of the presentations and I'm just uploading photos of the event now.

I've also put together a digital history education pagecast that I'm going to continue building on.

1 comment:

wibes said...

Hello Joel,

I'm Elvine from Pageflakes and I just came across your Blog, searching for Pagecasts on the web.

I think that it's great that you have already launched your own Pagecast. In fact, I've already added your Blog on my Public Pagecast: Elvine’s Favorite Bloggers

I would be interested in featuring Digital History Education within our Directory.

You may contact me at the information below. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks,

Elvine V.

elvine@pageflakes.com